Need to create an Instagram account but don’t have access to a phone or tablet? Normally, you can only create an account by using the Instagram app, but with a few workarounds you can simulate the app on your computer, allowing you to create an account from your desktop or laptop. Follow this guide to learn how.
Download the BlueStacks App Player. In order to access Instagram on your PC, you will need to download the BlueStacks App Player, which emulates the Android operating system and allows you to run apps on your computer.
- The BlueStacks App Player is a free download from the developer’s site.
- Most users can leave BlueStacks at the default settings during installation. You can choose not to subscribe to Spotligh
2Install Instagram in BlueStacks. Once you have BlueStacks up and running, you’ll be greeted by the BlueStacks Android interface. There are two ways that you can install Instagram: by logging in with a Google account and downloading it from the Play Store, or by downloading the APK file for Instagram and installing it manually.
- To install the app through the Play Store, search
for “Instagram” in the BlueStacks search bar. Click the app when it
appears in the results. If you are not already signed in, you will be
asked to sign in with your Google account. Once the Play Store page opens, click Install to load the app to BlueStacks.
- Downloading and installing the app through BlueStacks may take significantly longer than using your phone.
install the app manually, find the latest APK file online and download
it to your computer. When BlueStacks is installed, it usually takes
control of your APK files, allowing you to install them directly to
BlueStacks. Double-click on the downloaded APK to install the app.
- If BlueStacks doesn’t automatically open the file, right-click on it and select Open With. Navigate to the BlueStacks folder (C:\Program Files\BlueStacks\ is the default location) and select HD-ApkHandler.
Open Instagram. After Instagram has finished installing, open it in BlueStacks. This will load the app, and you will be shown the same Instagram home screen as you would see on a smartphone.
Click Register. This will open the account creation screen. You will need to enter your desired username and password. You can also add a picture to your profile from Facebook or your BlueStacks library.
- You can click the “Use Your Facebook Info” to create an account based on your Facebook settings.
- Click the Register button once you are done filling out the form.
Start using Instagram. Once you have created your account, you can start using Instagram like you would on a phone. You can upload photos, follow friends, and comment on other users’ pictures.
- If you have a problem with instagram login just go to www.InstagramLoginHelp.com to find the right answer.